Thursday, February 21, 2008

my very first blog post, again

how many times have a created a blog and posted "this is my very first blog post"? atleast two or three times before I realized I discovered that I had created many blogs with the same first entry, only to neglect and quickly forget of their existance. atleast I'm consistent.



I do not plan for this blog to be the same.

I've been thinking of creating a blog for some time, and as I've mentioned made several attempts. My wife has told me I should start writing. I think she's just tired of hearing me complain about things. One (maybe two) of the bloggers that I read regularly, who write mainly on software engineering topics, have written that writing and blogging is the way to become a better developer.

Today the catalyst for this new blog occurred. I was talking with Michael after my Toastmasters meeting. He told me to write every day a little about something. About myself. My life. That it is the best source of speech topics. I'm the world's leading expert on myself. Create speeches based on it, and practice it until I can present the speech by memory. Not scripted, just from the heart.

Here it is. My first blog post. Again.

No comments: